2. We have launched our Take Action Campaign to "Tell the Town Manager and the Town Council that you support additional funding for the Watertown Public Schools." This was launched at 9 pm on Sunday night. By 5:30 am on Monday, 67 letters were submitted. Please share the website link, Facebook post, or an emails with your friends and colleagues. http://www.
4. Over the weekend:
- On Saturday, we were at the Early Childhood Information Fair at WMS talking to parents.
- We also spoke with US Congresswoman Katherine Clark at the Watertown Diner. A number of our Town Councilors were in attendance. Representative Clark talked about the IDEA legislation (http://idea.ed.gov/) and acknowledged that there is work to be done at the federal level to support states and towns that do a great job meeting the needs of disabled children, but do not have adequate resources. We'll keep in touch and send her our documents. She said she needs data to help support her efforts.
- On Sunday we held our first informational meeting. We had representation from parents, parents of Watertown alumni, teachers, Town Councilors, and School Committee. We are working hard to move the conversation away from "The Central Administration did..." "The School Committee did...." "The Town Councilors did...." and "The Town Manager did...." . We want the conversation to focus on:
Please remember, you don't have to attend all meetings to be involved, just stay connected!
- Email: WatertownStrongSchools@gmail.
- Website: WatertownStrongSchools.com
- FB at https://www.facebook.com/
All the best, Candace and the rest of WSS