A few folks have asked who Watertown Strong Schools are "for"? We are for all Watertown kids, whether in-district or out-of-district, special or general education, the high achievers, the middle 70%, the English Language Learners, the musicians and athletes, the artists and robotics kids, the students with behavioral and mental health challenges, the kids who feel lost, the math lovers and math haters, the students in Integrated Support, the students that never fail to do their homework, the tardy kids, the on-time kids, the 3rd or 4th generation Watertown kids, the students who joined our schools last week. The kids from low, middle, and high income families. Even the kids rooting for the Yankees. Our efforts are for all WPS students. We may talk data, but we are for Watertown kids.
1. The next meeting of the next meeting of the Subcommittee on Budget and Finance
is tonight at the High School:
Thursday, March 20, 6:30pm
School Committee Budget & Finance Subcommittee Meeting
Watertown High School, Lecture Hall
50 Columbia Street, Watertown
2. We have launched our FB page https://www.facebook.com/watertownstrongschools. Of course we'll actively participate in Watertown Residents For Strong Schools page, but we'll post regularly to WSS. So far, we have 160+ likes. Please share the page or information from the page with your networks!
4. On Saturday, we'll have a table at the Early Childhood Information Fair at WMS from 9:30-11:30http://www.ci.watertown.ma.us/DocumentCenter/View/14420
5. Also on Saturday, come and have coffee with US Congresswoman Katherine Clark from 10-12 at the Watertown Diner on North Beacon Street.
6. We will have an informational meeting on Sunday at 3pm at the library to help explain the budgeting process. We have been working night and day to understand it ourselves. If we can't answer a question, we can find the person/people who can.
Sunday, March 23, 3:00pm
Watertown Strong Schools Informational Community Meeting
Watertown Public Library
123 Main Street, Watertown
6. Our working group will still meet at 2 pm on Sunday!
You don't have to attend all meetings to be involved, just stay connected!