- Helped increase the school budget this year by $2.4M – in just a few months!
- Rallied widespread community involvement, including businesses
- Gained visibility with local town and school leaders
- Educated the community on the budget process
- Advocated for higher education spending through powerful, irrefutable data
- Helped give Watertown Public Schools a voice and explained the complex needs of our students.
- Encouraged the school administration to ask for what is needed.
- Proved our strong commitment to WPS students and that we will continue to advocate until the schools have what they need!
Great progress has been made, but there remain some challenges including:
- Watertown spends less on education (49%) than other towns with similar student enrollment (67%).
- Our schools need more student support services due to growth in mental health issues.
- We need to return to fully-funded Music, Drama and Art programs as well as invest in STEM curriculum.
- Progress has been made in class size, but further staffing improvements can be made.
Be involved to ensure our children have the best opportunity to fulfill their potential!